I’ve got an GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card) – doesn’t that cover me?

When you’re travelling in Europe, it’s important to take a Global Health Insurance card (GHIC) with you, but the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice is that you still need to take out travel insurance too. See their latest advice about taking out comprehensive travel insurance here. 


Your GHIC card covers you for emergency medical treatment in state facilities but it won’t provide you with assistance services or repatriation. It also won’t cover costs if you’re treated in a private medical centre. However, an easyJet Travel Insurance can cover you for all of these eventualities.


What’s more, if you use an GHIC card to reduce medical bills but still need to claim with us, we will waive your policy excess.